In order to better advance on the recommendations from Member States, the WHO Department of Nutrition and Food Safety has taken the initiative to establish a Technical Advisory Group (TAG) on Food Safety: safer food for better health. This TAG will advise WHO on current and future challenges along the agri-food supply chain, directions to be prioritized to improve national food safety systems and interventions and activities to improve food safety. The TAG will also advise on the Global Strategy for Food Safety.
The functions of this TAG are listed as below (Please also refer to the Annex 1, Terms of Reference):
- To identify and describe current and future challenges along the agri-food supply chain;
- To advise WHO on strategic directions to be prioritized to improve national food safety system;
- To identify interventions and activities to improve food safety for WHO’s analysis;
- To advise WHO on the update of the Global Strategy for food safety and any other matters (implementation, monitoring and evaluation) relating to the Strategy;
- To advise WHO on the establishment of a global taskforce on food safety impact measurement to measure progress towards the implementation of the global strategy and achieving Sustainable Development Goals; and
- To advise WHO on requests specified in any current and future food safety-related resolutions and/or decisions adopted by the WHO governing bodies.
Deadline: 11st Septmeber 2020