The following topics are under consideration for inclusion in the next IHI calls for proposals, which we plan to launch at the end of 2022 and the beginning of 2023. IHI is publishing the draft topic texts in advance of the official call launch to give potential applicants additional time to start building a consortium and drafting a proposal.
IHI call 3 (single stage call)
- Topic 1: Screening platform and biomarkers for prediction and prevention of diseases of unmet public health need
- Topic 2: Patient generated evidence to improve outcomes, support decision making, and accelerate innovation
- Topic 3: Combining hospital interventional approaches to improve patient outcomes and increase hospital efficiencies
- Topic 4: Strengthening the European ecosystem for Advanced Therapy Medicinal Products (ATMPs) and other innovative therapeutic modalities for rare diseases
- Topic 5: Digital health technologies for the prevention and personalised management of mental disorders and their long-term health consequences
IHI call 4 (two stage call)
- Topic 1: Expanding translational knowledge in minipigs: a path to reduce and replace non-human primates in non-clinical drug safety assessment
- Topic 2: Patient-centric blood sample collection to enable decentralised clinical trials and improve access to healthcare
Currently, the draft topics are under consultation with IHI’s States Representatives Group and Science and Innovation Panel. It is therefore likely that the topics may change considerably between now and the call launch, and applicants should check the final, approved topic texts once the calls are launched.
The IHI Programme Office is planning webinars and a brokerage and pitching opportunities around the time of the call launches to help applicants understand the topics, learn about IHI’s rules and procedures, and network with potential project partners.