The Interdepartmental Research Center for International Research in Mechanobiology is based at the Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering (DIMI) .
The activities of the Center will be developed according to interdisciplinary criteria, in collaboration between the Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering (DIMI) and the Department of Molecular and Translational Medicine (DMMT).
The Center promotes, coordinates and develops research and / or training activities, manages and / or provides services of general interest for the University within the scope of the purposes identified below:
- develop research activities in the field of Mechanobiology;
- Promote studies and research on biological systems with a mechano-biological approach, with the ultimate goal of transforming discoveries in mechanobiology into biomedical innovations;
- encourage cultural exchanges of students and teaching staff through internships at Italian and foreign research institutes, public or private, with purposes similar to those of the Center;
- interacting with companies in the Brescia, Lombardy, national and international areas for research and innovation activities in the field of mechanobiology, both in the experimental and in the theoretical and computational fields; Interact with international study and research centers in the field of mechanobiology, both in the experimental field and in the theoretical and computational field;
- actively participate in the international scientific community, organizing conferences and contributing to the global advancement of mechanobiology;
- promote, in collaboration with Italian and foreign research institutes, local production companies, public and private bodies, the organization of updating activities, national and international study conferences, for the dissemination of research activities in the field of mechanobiology;
- encourage the training of interdisciplinary scientific thought, in general and with particular reference to mechanobiology, in schools of different types and levels;
- promote the creation of a documentation center, a telematic information network and internet pages and the collection of information material relating to the Centre’s issues; Collaborate with public entities in the activation or improvement of services of collective interest in the areas of competence of the Center;
- coordinate and carry out training activities, including postgraduate, according to the objectives of the Center.