The Research Center “Appropriate technologies for environmental management in countries with limited resources” – CeTAmb resources” – is based at the Department of Civil, Environmental, Architectural Engineering and Mathematics (DICATAM).
The activity of the Center is aimed at:
- develop contacts with voluntary associations, universities and other educational institutions, research bodies, both Italian production companies, “above all linked to the local reality”, and Countries with limited resources, in order to identify a network of subjects interested in exchanges of information and experiences and open to collaboration on specific projects;
- create a documentation center by organizing a library, photo library, video library, a telematic information network and an internet site and collection of information/ demonstration material concerning the main projects in progress and in program in countries with limited resources;
- encourage the development of research aimed at identifying appropriate technologies for environmental management in countries with limited resources;
- carry out technical support activities in the areas of competence of the Center to public and private companies operating in cooperation with countries with limited resources;
- encourage cultural exchanges of students and teaching staff through internships at universities and local realities in countries with limited resources and vice versa;
- organize seminars within the degree courses and teaching programs of higher education institutions in order to increase attention to related issues the management of the environment in countries with limited resources;
- promote, in collaboration with Italian and foreign research institutes, public and private bodies, the organization of updating activities, national and international conferences, for the dissemination of the research activities developed.