Professors international mobility

On this page you can find all the information for scholars, foreign professors and Visiting Professor.



If you are a citizen of an EU or EEA country, or a Swiss country, you can enter Italy without any formalities. A valid passport or identity document is sufficient.

If you are a citizen of non-EU or EEA countries, you must apply for an entry visa, before leaving, by going to the Italian Consulate or Embassy nearest to your place of residence.



If you are a citizen of non-EU countries, you can stay in Italy for less than 3 months without requiring a residence permit.
In this case, a valid passport is required for entry into Italy and, if requested, an entry visa issued by the Italian diplomatic authorities in the country of origin.
No residence permit is required for study and work reasons, or short stays that do not exceed 90 days.
Citizens of countries belonging to the EU do not need any formality for their stay in Italy.



Citizens of these countries have the right to obtain the c.d. EHIC – European Health Insurance Card – which facilitates access to medical treatment even if urgently needed during a stay in another EU country (for a period of less than 3 months).
For teachers holding a contract and staying in Brescia for periods longer than this period (90 days), registration with the Italian National Health Service is required at the National Health Authority.
No payment is foreseen and the health card will be issued free of charge and immediately by the ASL itself.
The duration of the coverage granted will be equal to that of the duration of the teaching contract.

The request for a visa and a residence permit are closely linked to the need to show your coverage capacity for any healthcare costs in Italy.


Housing solutions offered by the University of Brescia:

In particular, the Residenza Contrada Piazza dell’Olmo, 22
Located in the heart of the historic center of Brescia, it has recently been renovated and is intended for foreign guests of the University.
It is composed of 10 mini-apartments including kitchen, small living room, bedroom and bathroom.
All accommodations provided by the University, including those near Medicine and Engineering can be booked by our office.

This service is also possible for the “Luigi Lucchini University College“.


Scroll to Top