The Center for Diagnosis and Treatment of Arterial Hypertension and Cardiovascular Risk is based at the Department of Clinical and Experimental Sciences.
The main objective of the IARC Research Center is the promotion of scientific study and research (both basic and clinical) in the field of arterial hypertension and cardiovascular risk factors. To achieve this, the Center can:
- develop studies and research projects both locally and nationally and internationally to clarify the pathogenetic mechanisms of these morbid conditions, with particular reference to the possible altered regulation of various biological control systems, capable of maintaining high blood pressure and any predispositions on genetic basis;
- plan and implement epidemiological studies to assess the prevalence of different diseases and develop screening programs aimed at the early identification of those at risk;
- develop, in conjunction with the different skills involved in the activities of the Center and in connection with various levels of health facilities (Hospital, ASL, Region), appropriate guidelines and diagnostic-therapeutic-assistance procedures, also in order to rationalize the use of resources;
- promote the development of knowledge and the application of innovative therapeutic interventions;
- promote national and international seminars and conferences on research topics of the Center.
Contact person: Prof. Maria Lorenza Muiesan