The main objective of the Study Center for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Endocrine Neoplasms and Thyroid Diseases is the promotion of scientific study and research (both basic and clinical) in the field of endocrine oncology and diseases of the thyroid.
The scientific aims of the NET Research Center are to:
- develop research projects both locally and nationally and internationally to clarify the pathogenetic mechanisms of these morbid conditions, with particular reference to possible genetic-based predispositions;
- plan and implement epidemiological studies to assess the prevalence of different diseases and develop screening programs aimed at the early identification of those at risk;
- develop, in conjunction with the different skills involved in the activities of the Center and in connection with various levels of health facilities (Hospital, ASL, Region), appropriate guidelines and diagnostic-therapeutic-assistance procedures, also in order to rationalize the use of resources;
- promote the development of knowledge and the application of innovative therapeutic interventions;
- promote informative cultural initiatives, seminars, updating activities and national and international study conferences, which promote the updating of researchers and health workers and the education of patients and their families.
Contact person: Prof. Maurizio Castellano