Università degli Studi di Brescia and I.S.E.O. collaborate for the project “Nobels, Economists and Scientists for Covid-19”: a gathering of articles, essays and short videos by Nobel Laureates in Economics, economists and scientists from all over the world willing to give their contribute to comprehend what effects the Covid-19 spread will have on our lives and economies.
In this section we will publish, as well as I.S.E.O. on its website (Conferences/Covid-19) the main articles.
- “A Lasting Remedy for the Covid-19 Pandemic Economic Crisis” – by Joseph E. Stiglitz (Nobel Laureate in Economics – 2001)
- “Throwing a COVID-19 Liquidity Life-Line”– by Markus Brunnermeier (Princeton University), Jean-Pierre Landau (Sciece Po), Marco Pagano (University of Naples Federico II) and Ricardo Reis (London School of Economics and Political Science)
- “How to rebuild after the crisis”– by Elena Carletti (Bocconi University), Marco Pagano (University of Naples Federico II), Loriana Pelizzon (Goethe University Frankfurt) and Marti Subrahmanyam (Stern School, New York University)
- “How China helps lead global recovery in testing times” – by Hiahong Gao (Chinese Academy of Social Sciences)
- “Who will Be This Time Next Year? On Pandemic Times and the Life to Come” – by André Aciman (Writer and Professor City University, NY)
- “Fase 2: tornare alla normalità o mantenere il distanziamento?” – by Iacopo Baussano (Registro Tumori Piemonte) and Stefano Rosso (IARC)
- “Drawing the line for risk staratifications. Designing return-to-work policies that consider diagnostic error, costs, benefits and COVID-19″ – by Roger Stein (MIT)
- “The importance of compound risk in the nexus of COVID-19, climate change and finance” – by Irene Monasterolo (Vienna University), Monica Billio (Università Cà Foscari Venezia) and Stefano Battiston (Università Cà Foscari Venezia)
- “Who will pay for post COVID-19 recovery? The Global Pandemic, Sustainable Economic Recovery and International Taxation” – by Joseph E. Stiglitz (Nobel Laureate in Economics – 2001), Thomas Piketty (Paris School of Economics), Jayati Ghosh (Jawaharlal Nehru University) and Josè Antonio Ocampo (Columbia University)
- “Time for transformative resilience: the COVID-19 emergency” – by Enrico Giovannini (Università di Roma, Tor Vergata), Petere Bencsur (JRC), Francesca Campologno (JRC), Jessica Cariboni (JRC), Anna Rita Manca (JRC e Università di Roma Tor Vergata)
- “The Economic Effects of COVID-19 and Credit Constraints: Evidence from Italian Firms’ Expectations and Plans” – by Pierluigi Balduzzi (Boston College), Emanuele Brancati (Sapienza University of Rome), Marco Brianti (Boston College) and Fabio Schiantarelli (Boston College)
- “The Pandemic and the Economic Crisis: A Global Agenda for Urgent Action” – by Joseph E. Stiglitz (Nobel Laureate in Economics – 2001) and Michael Spence (Nobel Laureate in Economics – 2001)