The PACT RFP supports IND-enabling studies and early-phase clinical trials that test promising pharmacological interventions and devices for Alzheimer’s disease (AD) and related dementias. Both disease-modifying and symptomatic agents will be considered.
This funding opportunity prioritizes diverse drug mechanisms and modes of action related to the biology of aging and other emerging therapeutic areas for dementia. For this reason, amyloid targeted approaches and cholinesterase inhibitor proposals will not be considered for this RFP
Up to $3,000,000 based on stage and scope of research. For studies requiring additional support, co-funding from other funding agencies or investors is encouraged. Payment structure will be negotiated and based on milestone achievements and recruitment.
Funding is open to researchers and clinicians worldwide at:
- Academic medical centers and universities or nonprofits. Industry partnerships are strongly encouraged.
- Biotechnology companies. Funding is provided through mission-related investments that require return on investment based upon scientific and/or business milestones. Existing companies and new startups are both eligible.
Applicants should submit a Letter of Intent (LOI) through the ADDF Funding Portal.
1. Fill in contact and project information (e.g. title, duration, amount requested).
2. The LOI includes brief descriptions of the following:
- Scientific Rationale and Background: Focus this section on how the proposed drug target or biomarker relates to the disease process, and how your approach compares with others in development for the same or similar target/mode of action or biomarker modality (300 words maximum)
- Specific Aims: List specific aims and/or milestones. For clinical trials, briefly describe trial design, including population and endpoints. (300 words maximum)
- Summary of Key Supporting Data: Provide a brief summary of key preclinical (in vitro and in vivo) or clinical data that justify the proposed study (300 words maximum)
- For resubmissions only: A written point-by-point response to each of the reviewers’ comments is required. Upload as “Applicant Response to Reviewers”.
Deadline for LoI: 3 February, 19 May, 29 September 2023