The Foundation supports basic or applied research project of 1-4 years of duration for approx. CHF 50’000 – CHF 100’000/yr., higher amounts possible depending on project goals.
Applicant must be a permanent employee of a university or other permanent research entity and the application has to establish why the Velux Stiftung is necessary for the funding.
- Daylight: Use of natural daylight and its effects on humans and nature
- Healthy Ageing
Excellent research projects outside the strategic funding areas above but within the foundation’s legal purpose are not funded or sent to peer-review.
The foundation welcomes international and interdisciplinary collaborations.
The application that consists of:
- Application form
- Impact potential statement
- Research proposal
- Forestry: 23/09/2023
- Daylight: 30/04/2023 and 30/09/2023
- Healthy Ageing: 30/04/2023 and 30/09/2023
- Ophthalmology: 07/05/2023