The EFSD European Research Programme on New Targets for Type 2 Diabetes is intended to stimulate and accelerate European research focusing on the identification and molecular understanding of new targets for the treatment of type 2 diabetes. The programme is supported by an educational research grant from MSD.
To achieve the goals and objectives of this Programme, EFSD invites applications by issuing this “Request for Applications” (RFA), which indicates areas of research emphasis.
Proposals may include but are not limited to:
- Mechanisms to induce “browning of adipose tissue”
- New targets for improving skeletal muscle or adipose tissue insulin resistance
- Bile acid biology as it relates to metabolic disease. This includes actions relating to glucose metabolism, lipid metabolism, energy balance and related diseases including diabetes, atherosclerosis and obesity
- Lipid metabolism as it relates to insulin action
- Mechanisms of glucose-dependent insulin and glucagon secretion.
Research will be supported through the award of grants, each of up to Euro 100,000. The duration of each award may be one year or longer, depending upon the needs of the project and as justified in the application.
The deadline for receipt of research grant applications for funding this year is 1st December 2020.