Through its Drug Development Program the ADDF seeks to support in vivo preclinical studies that advance lead molecules developed for Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias to IND-enabling studies. The proposed studies should be structured to deliver a compound with strong potential for clinical and commercial application.
Drug mechanisms or modes of action: Novel drug mechanisms and modes of action related to the biology of aging and other emerging therapeutic areas for dementia are considered high priority. These include, but are not limited to:
- Mitochondrial & metabolic function
- Synaptic activity and neurotransmitters
- Vascular function
- Other mechanisms and modes of action related to the biology of aging (e.g. senescent cells)
- Other novel mechanisms or modes of action that are supported by compelling evidence demonstrating a rational biological connection to the disease process
- One year with potential for follow-on funding
- Multy-year proposal can be considered
- Up to $600,00 based on stage and scope of research.
Deadline for LoI: 5 February, 28 May, 1 October 2021.