Through its Drug Development Program the ADDF seeks to support develop therapeutics for Alzheimr’s disease and related dementias. Thsi program focuses on building preclinical evidence in animal models and on adavncing leas molecules to the clincal candidate selection stage. The propose studies shoudl have a high probability or reaching IND-enabling stuides within two years.
Current target areas of interest include:
- Mitochondria & metabolic function
- Synaptic activity and neurotransmitters
- Vascular function
- Other aging target (e.g. senescent cells)
- Other novel targets or pathways that are supported by compelling evidence demonstrating a rational biological connection to the disease process
- One year with potential for follow-on funding
- Multy-year proposal can be considered
- Up to $600,00 based on stage and scope of research.
Deadline for LoI: 10 April 2020.