Proposals for scientific research are accepted for studies into the causes, mechanisms, and improved means of treatment for histiocytic disorders. Proposals are evaluated on the basis of science, feasibility, and relevance. All proposals are expected to address one or more of the histiocytic disorders; below are areas of particular interest; however, all relevant areas of interest are considered.
- Mechanisms of disease pathogenesis
- Biology (maturation, migration and immune function) of dendritic cells, macrophages and/or lymphocytes in disease pathogenesis
- Derangements of cytokine production or function
- Neurologic and neuropsychiatric manifestations of histiocytosis
- Studies of rare histiocytoses — Juvenile xanthogranuloma, Erdheim-Chester disease, Rosai-Dorfman disease
- Studies of histiocytic disorders in adults
- Discovery of new disease markers
- Quality of life, symptomatology, and survivorship
Deadline: 2nd June 2023.