You can apply for a Senior Research Fellowship in Basic Biomedical Science if you have:
- Around seven to twelve years’ research experience at postdoctoral level, or the veterinary equivalent (from the date of your PhD to our final decision date). Or you’re an intermediate fellow (eg Research Career Development Fellow, Sir Henry Dale Fellow, Royal Society University Research Fellow or MRC Career Development Fellow) and this is the next step in your career as a research scientist.
- An internationally recognised track record in your area of research.
- Sponsorship from a head of department or equivalent at an eligible host organisation in the UK or Republic of Ireland.
- A research project that is within our scientific remit.
A Senior Research Fellowship in Basic Biomedical Science is for five years. It may be held on a part-time basis and you can apply for renewal.
The award includes:
- a basic salary (determined by your host organisation)We wouldn’t normally expect your basic salary to be more than £65,000 a year. Your organisation will need to justify your salary if it’s higher than this.
- a fellowship supplement of £12,500 for your personal support
- personal removal expenses
- research expenses, including research staff
Deadline: 27th February 2020.